Hey Dog Lovers,
Today’s topic is light an
d interesting as we indulge into the Most popular breeds of 2017.
- Most popular breed for 23 years in the US
- Originally from Newfoundland
- Once used for retrieving games such as stray fish or game
- Gentle people pleasing personality
- Excellent for therapy, search and rescue and families
- Sturdy family breed
- Used in law enforcement and the military
- Loyal Family dogs
- Bred in Karlsruhe Germany in 1899
- AKC Breed recognized in 1908
- Hollywood Stay Rin-Tin-Tin in 20 films (Claim to Fame)
- Bred in Scotland for hunting
- 1800’s Lord Tweed mouth crossed a yellow retriever (above)with a now-extinct Tweed Water Spaniel. He later added Irish Setter and Bloodhound to the mix as well
- Excellent Family pet especially with children
- Cute and Curious tenacious little hunting dog
- Come in three color varieties: Tricolor.
- In 1500’s English hunters use them to hunt smaller game like foxes and rabbits
- Snoopy Charlie Brown’s Dog is the most famous beagle in Pop Culture
- Known for its stocky build and wide wrinkly face is one of the most recognizable dog breeds
- Its name refers to the breeds original use in bull baiting which England banned in 1835.
- Families enjoy their relaxed temperament and minimal need for grooming and exercise.
- Their short snouts makes them prone to overheating in hot weather.
- Quintessential Purse Dog
- 19th century this dogs job was to hunt rats in clothing mills
- Rarely weigh more than 7 pounds
- Known for their long and silky blue and tan coats
- Athletic and alerts
- Prize Companion dog that loves to please
- Breed was used for hunting in 19th century and dog fighting
- During war time they worked as messengers
- Gentle with humans and adept guard dogs when needed
- Sporting breed originated in Germany where hunters used the dogs as water retrievers
- The trademark “Poodle clip” fur style has become a symbol of wealth and status but the original intent was to protect the dogs joints from cold water during hunts
- Breed comes in 3 sizes
- Have several color variations but individual poodles always one solid color
- Happiest when working; guarding a family home, assisting law enforcement, or serving on a search-and-rescue teams
- Muscular Bodies and aggressive appearance they make great companion
- Gentle with children
- Needs proper instructions
- Developed in Germany in the 1600’s
- Bred to root out badgers from their underground dens
- Small size and minimal exercise requirements make them great household companions
- Come in standard and miniature sized and can have long, short or wiry fur
Thanks for reading dog lovers. Have a great week!
Check out Scarves for Paws for the latest trends and styles!